Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And he shall be called......

We FINALLY have a name!!! Finally!!

For those who are unaware this has been a long process. I wanted to name our son something that had meaning. My husband, bless him, continued to come up with some crazy choices. Thousand and Thousands of names were rejected by my husband. And to be honest none of them really just hit home with me either.

So to begin my story, a few nights ago I woke up around 1:30 AM with some terrible pains. You really don't want to know the details so I will spare you but as I sat trying to figure out how to alleviate the pain I prayed "God please help me, please take this pain away, tell me what you want me to name this baby and I promise I will make sure he is given back to do your will." So a little while later the pain ceased.

Fast forward to tonight. After dinner I asked my husband what today was? He said "the 11th" I said "Well you have four more days to come up with a name or you lose all naming priviliges. I mean I NEED to monogram some stuff!" So he says " What about Jeremy?"

Now Jeremy is the name of one of my cousins who I have always been close with growing up. And I always said if I had a son I wanted him to be just like Jeremy.

So I said "Well we already have a Jeremy in the family? What about Jeremiah?"

"Yeah I like Jeremiah"

"Well I have to do the name tests...you know say whole name together Jeremiah Allan Smith"
Then put it with Danny, Amanda, Carsyn and Jeremiah
Look up its meaning : God will raise up

And my newest name test is to search on Facebook for any Jeremiah's locally to see how many pop up and what they look like, etc...So as I log on and the very first status on my newsfeed is this:

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations


I SWEAR to you I can NOT even make that up! I knew that bible verse but I was unaware which book it came from. Seriously, was God using Social Networking to speak to me? I mean I am a huge believer in signs and this was pretty crazy!! The FIRST status on my newsfeed!

So I am not going to argue with God and if he says Jeremiah is the name than I am going with the sign, however we received it! My husband is pretty excited because he will have the same initials as his father did, James Allan Smith (Jeremiah Allan Smith), and our new furntiure store is named J. Allan's. So there you have it!

When I told Carsyn what we thought the name of the baby would be she said "NO I want to name it SIMBA!" I said she could call him whatever she wanted but mommy and daddy were calling him Jeremiah.

7 comments:

JillJaxn said...

Let me be the first to say I LOVE IT! And thanks for sharing the story behind it. I can't wait to meet Mr. Jeremiah:)

Anonymous said...

:) Nice.

Amber said...

I love it! And he now has amazing story behind his name. :) Congrats again.

Amy said...

I LOVE IT!! What a sweet story!!!

Angela said...

Great name, and I love the story! I need to ask God to send me a sign too, ha.

Unknown said...

Oh my! I love it! I love biblical names...it keeps us grounded. I'm so happy for your and your growing family!

Mrs. B's History Blog said...

I really do think the name is great! Morgan and Serrie were telling us about it at the tailgate last week.