Thursday, November 17, 2011

Disney Family Vacation Sep 2011

M_I_C_K_E_Y MOUSE


Well life has taken over and I have put the blogging WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY on the back burner. I never even blogged our Disney trip!


I initially had said that I didn't want to take Carsyn to Disney until she was atleast 5 years old. For starters I wanted her to have a memory of her trip and also I knew the older she was the easier it would be. BUT then when we started thinking about having a baby this year I knew I wouldn't want to return until the baby was older which would end up making Carsyn wait longer. I myself had never been to Disney ever in my life so selfishly I wanted to experience it for myself also since I knew a new bundle of joy would result in more responsibility for myself. And there is no better way to me to experience Disney except through the eyes of a child. Carsyn is in such a fun stage where everything is so magical and real that Danny and I really wanted to watch her experience the Princesses. Sooo one day when Danny made this comment in response to a Disney TV commercial, "So when are we taking Carsyn?" I knew he would be on board so I better strike while the iron was hot! At first I was thinking a Nov trip would be fun but then when I got pregnant sooner than planned I moved it up to September. I had already experienced traveling during third trimester while preggo with C and I vowed NEVER to make that mistake again!


After reviewing airfare Danny and I decided we would make the 10 hr drive instead. I was EXTREMELY nervous about this because first of all I have only traveled as far as about 6 hrs with C and Danny had only traveled about 3 hours with her. But my fears were unwarranted because our trip was great and Carsyn rode fabulously. LOTS of DVDs and rotating parents in the backseat from time to time but we really preferred driving as opposed to the rat race of the airport.


When we finally arrived at our hotel we were greatly disappointed with our room. I had chosen a budget hotel since it was a very fast trip and really more of a "taste-test" of Disney so we would know what to do next time. Disney can be quite overwhelming when attempting to go for the first time and we DEFINITELY learned what NOT to do NEXT TIME. AND NEXT TIME we will NOT be staying at any All Star resort! We didn't even have a bathtub and not only that but no "real" shower either, just a curtain that shared the same floor as the toilet. Luckily we were not there for much time.


I had a slight nervous breakdown when I realized I had not factored in the time difference and in order to get to our reservation of Cinderella's castle the next morning I would have to get up at 5 (after going to bed at midnight). Why did we go to bed at midnight? Because we got lost trying to find our hotel room after dinner and we didn't have the number written down! The next morning of course we were running late and I started to panic that we would lose our reservations which had already been messsed up tremendously by Disney. BUT when we finally arrived and Carsyn curtsied to Cinderella and did a little twirl it was all worth it! Tears definitely rolled down this momma's face and Im pretty sure her daddy would have too if he were a crier! And then as they say the Magic of Disney took over and we had an amazing time! We definitely did not try to see everything and both of the days we were at the parks I took Carsyn back to the hotel to take a little nap and refresh before dinner.


We had purchased the Deluxe Dining Plan because I knew if I wanted a happy husband I had to keep him fed and Im not talking about a hotdog. However while we did utilize all of our meal tickets, I do not think we necessarily needed all of it. We did enjoy our sit down dinners, especially at the Grand Floridian cafe. This hotel is btw where Danny wants to stay next time. Yeah I better start saving NOW! Oh and the man who I was afraid would flip out with the crowds (and yes even during a slow season Disney is still packed!) is still talking about this trip 2 months later! He is ready to return as soon as Jeremiah is born, Im not kidding! I never would have thought the magic of Disney would win over this guy!



The Fantasmic show at Hollywood Studios is UNBELIEVABLE and an absolute must see! Carsyn did get a little frightened by the "bad" guys but she still loved it. Of course fireworks at Cindrella's castle is breathtaking and to hear Carsyn "yell" hello to all of the characters was priceless. All in all the entire trip definitely met all of our expectations and now I can understand why people feel the need to return every year!


Im not even going to attempt to upload pictures from the trip because me and Blogger would tie up but they are on my Facebook if you are my friend.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think my husband enjoys Disney more than me. Who would have thought guys would have such fun there?