Tuesday, July 5, 2011


Even though I DID get to go to NYC this summer, and visit my friends in Mobile, if I were to say this has been a fantastic summer would be a bit of a fib. In all honesty ever since school let out for Carsyn I have been in a slight state of chaos. Frist off I was totally unprepared for Carsyn this summer. Her attention span and desire to learn caught me completely off-guard. In June she typically goes to Mrs. Jan's two days a week for playtime but since our swimming lessons interferred with that time we were unable to attend. I think this is where the downward slope started. Add in that this is my first summer to photograph several weddings consecutively in addition to my regular photog schedule and it equals to I just down right have done a poor job of time management. Oh yeah and that little butterbean inside me has not given me much motivation either. And to be completely honest the thought of my summer next year being even more chaotic down right scares the dickens out of me! So I am preparing NOW!

Also Carsyn's sleep schedule has been changing so she usually goes to bed around 9:30 (and I am close behind) and is up before or right after me! Then she only takes about an hour nap(I can tell it is slowly dwindling but she can't yet go without one completey). So I have not had any alone time in A WHILE. Today I was determined to find something to entertain her so I could get some work done!

Today I took her to a local jumpy gym that has summer drop offs. I was a little leary because in Carsyn's words "I am big but not real big, I am still little too!" so I worried she wasn't old enough but I was desperate. She ended up having a great time and I got a great deal of work accomplished. HOWEVER, when I returned home Danny was waking up with a violent stomach virus...GREAT! I made it all 12 weeks with no morning sickness and now I might catch this!!! Also today was my scheduled 12 week check up and Carsyn was supposed to stay with him. My babysitter was out of town, my mother and mil were out of town, so Carsyn ended up coming with me to the dr!

THAT was definitely a learning experince for her! She was appalled by the urine specimen..."Mommy what you doing...MOMMY DON'T PUT YOUR HANDS DOWN THERE!" And then I had to give blood Me "Carsyn can mommy hold your hand? " C - "NO" Me- "Can I hold Mr. Cow?" C- "NO, here you can hold my babydoll instead." "Oh mommy does it hurt?!"

She really did great with the almost 2 hour visit. THEN we went into the examing room and I told her she would get to hear her baby's heartbeat. The nurse came in and started trying to locate it...after five minutes my heart started to drop when she couldn't locate it. " OMG I knew I was feeeling to good, what am I going to tell Carsyn I started to think" BUT THANK GOD my dr. walked in and took it from the nurse and immediately found it. Talk about giving someone a heart attack! So afterwards, Carsyn and I scurried home to nurse daddy.....from a distance.

Pray we make it without getting his bug!

1 comment:

~neisha~ said...

It seems like just the word "two" instantaniously multiplies the hustle and energy required in the "Mommy Duties" category, doesn't it? I just wanted to let you know that all of those worries and anxieties you described are ... NORMAL... and EVERYONE else experiences that same feeling of chaos and dishelved organization too. Some people are so super at covering it up (I'm still trying to figure that out), but if you really talk to them, you will find that they feel that "barely keeping your nose above water" feeling too. At least occasionally. It does get better. Or, maybe it's that you get used to it. I'm not sure which. Anywho, CONGRATULATIONS on the great news. I just have to add that I totally "feel" BOY for the Smith family ... but even doctors will tell you that a mother's intuition is pretty darn trusty. Can't wait to find out! ;-)