Monday, December 15, 2008

PHEW This has been a CRAZY WEEK

I had intentions of writing a post on Carsyn's actual 1 year birthday December 11th but we ended up with 4 inches of snow and no power all day! Needless to say out trip to the zoo got cancelled! You never know what you are going to get with the weather in Mississippi. I think today is supposed to be 70!



Anywho we ended up going to the inlaws who had power and staying there until the afternoon. That night was Danny's company Christmas party and my mom was supposed to come keep Carsyn, however, she was nervous to drive with the weather conditions so Aunt Ann and Hannah came to save us so we could attend the party. The party was at the new Caboose restaurant in downtown Mccomb in a renovated old building. It is an awesome new venue if you haven't tried it yet! So Friday and Saturday were spent hurrying around making up for lost time to get ready for Birthday PARTY TIME!



I have failed to mention to you that starting last week Carsyn has been going to Ms. Sharon's house 3 days a week from 8-11:30 to play with some kids and allow me some alone time. It has worked out great. Surprisingly she naps GREAT over there and it is has allowed her to be a little more adaptable to different situations. It has also allowed me to learn to roll with the flow a little better. We both enjoy our time apart and it makes our time together that much more precious! There were some days I would hardly get a 1 hr break before bedtime at 8! I was losing my mind!



So back to the party on Saturday, just as Carsyn fell asleep for her afternoon nap before the party she had an unexpected bowel movement and had to be changed and put back to sleep....hee hee so she had to be woken up for her own party! She didnt know how to react when she awoke and there were tons of people wanting to talk to her! After a while she got into the swing of things and got to open ALL of her wonderful gifts. When it came time for cake she wouldnt eat it or smash it! I guess she knows Momma does not like messy eating! I never used to eat my cakes as a baby/child either! Anyway I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story. It was a great end to an unexpected week! I will post the year in review Birthday post later that I was planning on posting on her birthday!

Also here are some updates I keep forgetting to mention as they never seem to "fit" into a post...

Teething...Carsyn now has 6 teeth. They all have come in 2 at a time about every 3 months starting at 6 months. She does NOT do well with teething! She becomes an entirely different irritable child who can't sleep!

Sleeping...She is still sleeping 8-6AM and 2 naps a day. I think we will probably be down to one nap in a few more months. She prefers to go to sleep on her own in her crib with her stuffed cow and blanky.

Milk... for months I have been trying to get Carsyn to drink milk or formula from a sippy cup but she would only drink water then all of the sudden when she began going to Ms. Sharon's last week no more bottle and milk in the sippy cup ALL of the time! AMAZING! Also I had worried about our morning wake up routine without a bottle but now it is even better because when she awakes I give her a cup of milk and she drinks it while I hold her and we cuddle for about 30min to an hour...sometimes she even goes back to sleep for a while. This is my favorite part of the day.

Lesson for mommy this month...they don't call them babysteps for nothing, just when you think your baby won't change into the next phase they do it on their own time. Also the saying "worrying is like a rocking chair...it will keep you busy but not get you anywhere" is definitely true. I have wasted so much of this year worrying and now I feel I can actually enjoy my child more.



Enjoy our pics!

Click to play Carsyn bday
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: