Friday, April 11, 2008

FOUR MONTHS!!!!

Well we have made it out of the newborn stage and into the infant stage! Today Carsyn is 4 months. To celebrate, the poor thing got to go to the doctor and get some shots! Daddy accompanied us for the first time and got to see how it is done! He did not like seeing his little angel get the shots! He was holding her while the nurse did it thinking it would take a few minutes and she was done in under 30 seconds. I said "You can pick her up now!" I think it might have hurt him more than Carsyn. :)

Surprisingly, even though her pictures show her to be quite the "chubbster" she weighed 17lbs- that is only 1 lb more than what I did at her age, so it is not as bad ad I thought. Her dad was 20lbs at 4 months so I was terrified she would be that much. Her length, however, was only 25 1/2 inches which I thought she would be much longer. She is in the 90-95th percentile~



We changed doctors this round as I was not fond of the first one I had met. Dr. Sands, though a bit goofy, was so much better than the first doctor. His nurses were better also. I think we have a keeper. He actually asked me questions and asked if I had any and was very informative. I never knew how important it was to find a pediatrician you like- I thought they were all the same. Very Untrue!



Dr. Sands also told me that I should try letting Carysn cry longer at night to see if she can go back to sleep without eating. He said to wait until she is really crying and not just wimpering. It is so much easier to ignore the cries during the day when you can occupy yourself with something else but at night 15 minutes seems like an eternity! I have had to hold Danny back a few times from going to retrieve her. Since he has returned this week he has tried to step into the routine and follow the new instructions, but he can't tolerate her crying as much as I can. The night time is really her only time when she cries hard and long the other sleep times she goes soundly down by herself. I dont' know if I will be able to follow-through with this tonight- I feel bad for the poor girl- she has screamed enough today!

I will try to get some 4 month pictures taken this weekend! :)

No comments: