Sunday, March 30, 2008

Don't Blink


Melissa and Carsyn

Mary Caron and Carsyn

Capt. Pappy (my dad) came to visit this evening.




Lately I have heard 3 new country songs that have made me stop in my tracks.
"Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney, "You're Going To Miss This" by Trace Adkins, and "We laughed until we cried" by Jason Aldean. Everyone always says that when you have a baby your life changes. Mainly they emphasis how much more difficult your life becomes.

For those of you who do not have children yet here are few examples of how easy life is pre-children: you and your signifcant other want to go eat you can't just hop in the car and go, when you go to the grocery store you have to park by the buggie cart return to grab a cart to put the car seat in because it weighs a billion lbs, when you want to go to an outing you have to time it around nap times, when you want to go out of town you have to pack the house. I could go on but I am not writing a blog about complaints I am simply showing the small challenges that we endure with children.

The above songs remind you to be thankful for the moments and remind you how quickly life passes you by while you are complaining about it. This year is my husband's 10 year highschool reunion and mine will be next year yet it seems like we just graduated recently. In 10 years Carsyn will not even want her parents around her when she is with her friends- although I intend to be a very cool mom who is wanted ;) around. It is amazing how your priorities change so quickly when a baby arrives. Instead of running out to spend money on a new toy you have to buy diapers and formula but somehow you don't really mind it and in fact at times you enjoy this new phase of life. Just last year when Danny and I discussed having a baby we had no idea how difficult being away from family would be in raising her. I have always loved Mobile and a piece of my heart will always remain here, but when the day comes to move back to Mississippi I think I will be at peace with it because my priorities have changed.

Today Danny and I went to my friend Mary Caron's crawfish boil. The "party" consisted of mostly she and her husband's family and their children and then me and danny and our friend Melissa and her husband. Danny commented that the party reminded him of a get-together from the 80s but what I think he really meant was it reminded him of his childhood neighborhood get togethers. I told him that we would be doing that now and once our friends have their children we surely will. The parties have gone from drinking games to hide and seek games but I would rather play hide and seek all day long!

I know this may sound like rambles to those who do not have children yet but one day you will realize it too. Go listen to my above mentioned songs and reflect on the great times of the past but the better ones yet to come!

Until next time!

No comments: