Sunday, February 8, 2009

Murphy's law examplified during our week...

As is the case in most weeks there were ups and downs but nothing just life devastating that God didn't help us through. Let's start at the beginning were all good stories do.





So after last week of boredom and frigid temps I was excited to begin our week. I had an activity planned for each day as it seems it helps when Carsyn and I have something to look forward to.





On Monday, story time at the library started again so we went to visit Miss. Mattie. The story was about dogs and so she had a real Schnauzer brought in. OF COURSE Carsyn loved it as she loves dogs! After a quick lunch with daddy we went back to the house for Carsyn to take her usual catnap. I continue to be baffled daily when she is exhausted and then takes a power nap and wakes up raring to go after 30-35 minutes. But enough about that...





On Tuesday I got us up and dressed by 8 to get to Cetenary, the preschool that most kids in the area attend, to register Carsyn for 3- 1/2 days beginning in August. Well when we arrived the director told me that I had to wait until tomorrow...UGH! She also suggested that I arrive at 7AM as the classes fill up and their may not be a spot remaining. As soon as Carsyn saw the other children she immediately wanted to play and was disappointed to say the least when we got back in the car! I had heard about this women's bible study(stay at home moms and retirees) at the First Baptist church at 8:30 but I had yet to go. So since Carsyn wanted to play and we were already dressed my car just seemed to take itself there. I took Carsyn to the nursery where she instantly began playing and didn't even notice that I had left! I went back to the fellowship hall and met some nice women and enjoyed some bible study that allowed me to have a more positive outlook on the day and some extra patience. I have been trying very hard to work on my patience as it is a shortcoming that I am well aware of that affects my marriage and child. So far I was doing good but it was only TUESDAY!! Afterwards we went back home and once again Carsyn only slept briefly. We played outside for the majority of the afternoon.





I can not recall what nights at this point but one HUGE breakthrough that Carsyn had this week was sleeping 12hours straight two nights this week! I sure needed the rest because as I was coming down with a cold and as you will see shortly I needed to store up the energy....





So on to Wednesday hump day! I woke up and it was a yucky cold and windy day. Not a day for babies to be outside playing and mommy was coming down with a nasty cold! Carsyn had not slept well and overslept until 7:30. I was supposed to be at the preschool at 7 remember, but we made it at 8 and she is now ready for the fall! She will love it I know! I had nothing planned and to be honest for the first time ever, I wished my child would just sit and watch tv because I had ZERO energy! No church this evening for us. After Carsyn went to sleep I crashed at 8. This was one of the 12 hour nights thank goodness so I got a long stretch of rest and was back to myself on Thursday.





Since Carsyn enjoyed the playtime Tuesday so well I thought we would try Mom's Day out on Thursday. I had a hair appointment planned that I had desperately been waiting for and I looked forward to some alone mommy time. Isn't it funny how mommy's will get so stressed out and long for some time away but then the instant your baby is gone from you you want to go pick them back up?! So I skeedadled to the hair salon and found out that No I WOULD NOT be getting my hair cut as the stylist was sick at home! DOUBLE UGH! So I ran some errands infant-free and got Carsyn a couple of hours later. She did great at the playtime but crashed in the car asleep and once again 30 minute catnap!!!! I can't wait to inform the moms and director who assured me that she would sleep at least 2 hrs after playing with the kids all morning! NOPE! Anywho...we enjoyed the bright sunny day and THANKED our lucky stars that the cold temps had left for the time being! It seemed Carsyn was starting to get my cold but she is a trooper and kept on going.

The week was at this point a success- Carsyn and I had both had new experiences in our new town and both learned some lessons in life. I was doing great following my bible studies and working on my personal agendas. I was highly anticipating my weekend as I was going to Mobile for a reunion with my girlfriends and enjoy some girly time while my mom came to keep Carsyn. Danny was leaving for a work trip so the timing was perfect. I had lots of places I wanted to go in Mobile that I miss and I wanted to pick up some items that the metropolis of Mccomb stores do not carry! Do you sense some foreshadowing....





Friday arrived...it was a beautiful day. Carsyn and I ran all over town finishing up some final errands. I am a planner and a listmaker. It is both a positive and negative skill that I possess. I have trouble living in the moment as I am always anticipating the future. However by achieving everything on my list it gives me a sense of accomplishment even if it means getting a phone call completed these days! Friday night arrived quickly and Danny and I both spent the evening packing our suitcases for our looming trips. When Carsyn went to bed her cold had gotten worse as most illnesses do at night so when she awoke an hour later we had a feeling the night would not go as smoothly as the earlier nights had. By 3 she was waking up coughing her head off. I took her temp and for the first time ever saw a 103 on the thermometer ( I know you are all remembering my previous post about her never being sick and saying I jinxed myself, but I knew the time was coming.). Instantly I thought I can't go to Mobile and be 3 hours away from my baby in the event this occurs again tomorrow or gets worse. Well at 5 I was back up with her and we finally got out of the recliner by 7:30. I told my mom who had arrived the night before that I would not be going to Mobile and we debated whether Carsyn needed to see the dr. I knew that they probably wouldn't give her anything and after Carsyn awoke she seemed to be fine except for the coughing, sneezing, and runny nose. We decided to wait and ventured her out to see cousin Erin and Aunt Jan at a horse show in Brookhaven. She was fine until evening came again and she crashed before bedtime. That night was a repeat of the day before and so today I decided to take her in to the after hours clinic. And all I was told was that it is just a cold that has to run its course and nothing can be done. Just as I thought...atleast no earaches and chest congestion! I dread the first earache! Well my little tot is now asleep at 6PM who knows for how long. As I hear most children sleep when not feeling well mine apparently does the opposite..go figure! I pray that she gets the rest that she needs to get back to her perky self! It is just us girls for a few days while dad is gone to work so my new skill of learning patience is about to really be put to the test. I have to say that I failed today as the stress of dealing with the dr. office (I LOATHE dr offices) and a tired sick baby took over. But tomorrow is a new week and as my mamommy would say "This too shall pass!"





Some interesting facts I learned about colds at the Dr. today was that they have about a 7-10 day cycle and the fever spikes on about the 4th day. Instead of putting Vicks vapor rub on the chest the Dr. said to put it on the bottom of her feet. ?



We did manage to capture some funny pics in our weekend of ups and downs...

No comments: