Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekends are always Great but they go so fast!

Well hopefully this week will go much more smoothly than last. Carsyn has made some rapid advancements in her development this week. She can hold her head up by herself much better and she is turning half-way over. She loves to watch the world if she is in a new environment.





Saturday we went to a birthday party for her babysitter's little boy's first birthday. Carsyn just sat watching the festivities! And then she took a short nap in Weston's crib before we went downtown to a small art festival. I got to use my Peanut Wrap shell to tote her around and she slept snuggly while admirers stopped to see her! I can't believe how well the day went! The babysitter announced at the party that she was pregnant again due in October. I guess I will be looking for a new sitter come later in the year :(!





I have been reading The Baby Whisperer and after one day of implementing Tracy Hogg's routine Carsyn took to it like a duck to water! I think this is why our day Sat went so well because I was able to time our events and transportation accordingly. It goes Eat, Activity, Sleep, REPEAT. Since Carsyn already was doing this on her own, the routine is great for her.





Since the middle of last week I have been trying to get Carsyn to sleep in her crib- preferably through the night but she is still waking at 12:00, 2, and 5. And actually she sleeps less in the crib than with us but I am hoping the more sleepless nights will pay off in the long run. I am beginning to think I will never sleep through the night again! I have been sleeping in the guest bedroom while Danny has been sick and so I can be closer to the nursery but I miss my husband! It is VERY difficult to get her back to sleep in the crib once she wakes at 2 and I am usually so tired I give up trying. If I had like a week to stay up doing it maybe I could have more success with her but I DONT!





Sunday night Capt Pappy came over for a visit and we went to dinner at Carraba's. I was hesitant to take her to a more fancy restaurant but she acted like an angel the entire time. And there were several other babies in there as well including one lady breastfeeding at the TABLE! I don't think I could do that at the dinner table in a restaurant.





Here is the pic of the Bunko Babies from the previous posts. It looks like Carsyn is smiling at Colt! UH OH- she is already flirting!


And here is a pic of Carsyn showing her new head holding skill and enjoying the warm weather finally!





:)

No comments: