Friday, February 29, 2008

Baby Steps....literally!

We have made some advancements this week.....are you ready.......Carsyn Danielle is now sleeping in her crib by herself!!!!!!! YEAH!
It took me exactly a week but no "Crying-it-out" methods had to be done and she now goes down in her crib around 9:30. I would like to move this time up about 30 min but with 2 working parents one of which gets home at 7:30 most nights this is almost impossible. Besides if she sleeps 9:30-7:30, which is what we are aiming for, than I think 10 hrs a night is a good sleep with 2 or 3 naps during the day! Man does this feel like an accomplishment! Now she still wakes at about 1:30 and 4:30 to eat, however last night she only woke at 3AM so I didn't have to feed twice!!! Lastnight I gave her a bottle at 8:00 and then another one at 9:00 right before she noded off so that she was good and full so I guess that is why I can attribute the longer sleep.

The sitter situation has still been going well. I have asked them both to implement my Baby Whisperer routine and it seems to be working! Next week will be the first week that they both work the entire 5 days because up until today I have had off or a mother/mother-in-law has been here to help. I am not happy about having to work 5 days a week. This working mother situation is MUCH more difficult than I could have ever imagine. There are days where I just get so upset having to leave her in someone else's care. It would be better if my job were more flexible but at this time I dont think that is an option. I do enjoy being out in the daily grind but there are moments where I just wish I could come home. Even though she is well taken care of- no one can care for her like her mommy! In a general week I only see her for maybe 30min-1hr in the morning and a couple of hours at night. And her poor daddy sees her less! Staying home is not an option right now but it might be in the future until she gets ready for 3yr old preschool!

The biggest Mommy lesson I have learned this week is Consistency always pays off even if it is hard to follow-through AND DOwhat works for you, your baby, and the rest of your family. I have done every DONT in the baby book in the last 2 1/2 months and she is still here! When you first bring them home you try to follow all of the safety instructions: don't put them in crib on stomach, don't put them in bed with you, don't have anything in the crib, don't give them cereal until they can sit up, don't don't don't! Well I say, and most mothers tell me, DO what works for you! Sometimes you have to break the rules for the time being until you can get over the hurdle otherwise you will lose your sanity. So try your best- even if you have good intentions-to not instruct nor scold another mother how to raise their baby and do not allow yourself to feel guilty if you do not follow the "RULES!" This too shall pass I always say!

Now for a fun-filled weekend with my little girl! Let the weekend BEGIN! :)

No comments: